31.1.11

One Month In

Well, I'm done with the first month of this years drawings, 31 down 334 to go. I've got a pretty good list going of future aliens that I want to tackle, also a list of big aliens that I need to save for important times (100th drawing, halfway point, holidays (dang it, should have saved Lum for Valentines day), etc...) So far I think I'm off to a decent start. I've gotten a couple pieces I'm pretty happy with along with a few stinkers.
So time for a little look back on this first month...


So far the most popular image was Yoda. Part of that probably has to do with it being the first post of the blog but I'd like to think part of it has to do with it being a decent little piece.
The least popular piece was Hepzibah even though I thought it was a pretty nice drawing, she is a pretty lame character and probably the most obscure choice so far though.

My personal favorite so far probably has to be the Captian Olimar and Pikmin piece. I think it has a nice kids storybook feel to it, very calm and has a bit of narrative to it. My wife's favorite so far is the Mangalore from 5th Element, I'm really looking forward to digging into that universe. On the other end of the spectrum I think the Sontaran piece was the worst, was fairly rushed and frankly the drawing was not on the top of my to do list for that day, I'm gonna have to make so great Doctor Who pieces to make up for that one.

Hopefully next month will be even better. It will be the first time that I'll probably miss a few days though. I'll be out of town for a week early on (off to Cannon Beach suckers) I'm not sure there will be internet there, or at least that's the excuse I'm making for not posting anything.

On to drawing 32

No comments:

Post a Comment