16.2.11

Bandit Mask

Rocket Raccoon is a Marvel Comics character that comes from the planet Halfworld. I don't really know too much more about him so how about a little behind the scenes for this piece?


First I do some sketching, usually I do a few pencil sketches till I'm satisfied with one and then I ink it up. This time around I even inked a sketch before I realized I hated it.

The pose didn't seem that fun and there were a couple annoying parts that I didn't feel like fixing.  Luckily the next pencil piece seemed much more interesting to me.


I usually do a fairly loose pencil drawing and then add more details in the inking and with Photoshop, as you can see here this is when the piece really starts to take form.
After that I throw on some color.
Hmm, maybe at some point I'll do a better break down of the coloring process...

Then I just do some fiddling with textures and coloring of the linework. Then you get a finished piece.

Hopefully this was interestingish? I'll try and do a full break down at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment